New toy!
So yesterday, I received my long-awaited package from a little computer store in Texas. The package contained the solution to my potential carpal tunnel syndrome problems. It's called Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8 Preferred Edition. I just started using it yesterday and already I'm pretty impressed with it. In fact, I am now dictating this very blog post! It takes a little getting used to. I'm not used to thinking through what I'm going to say in my mind first and then speaking it in a long phrase. Moreover, the software still confuses homonyms, but I found that I can remedy that through the training feature. I haven't tried timing myself to see how much time I can save by dictating by voice rather than typing by hand, but I suspect that with practice I will be able to save quite a bit of time.
Perhaps the most gratifying part of using this software is that I no longer feel guilty when I write long posts all my blog. Of course, this assumes that I have a lot to say.
This is going to be fun when I start dictating my thesis... :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment