A little spooked...
So remember how I wrote that awful, AWFUL prelim examination last month? And I was praying the St. Jude Novena and wondering if it was actually going to work in spite of my feeling utterly stupid? I now have proof that there is something divine at work here because I KNOW I wrote crap. I just got the comments back from the committee. One professor thought the exam sucked but gave me a "pass". Another professor thought the exam was great and gave me a "pass with distinction". The third professor wrote not a single comment but nevertheless gave me a "pass with distinction", so the end result is that I passed my exam not by a hair's width, but with distinction! I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how that happened, especially since I wrote a much better exam last semester and only got a "high pass". I don't think I will ever understand these professors...
But anyway, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth :-) Thanks to St. Jude and God and my wonderful study group! I'm off to move on with my life!

5 comments:
Congrats! I'm sure you are just being overly critical of yourself-- as we all are!
And remember th old joke-- what do the call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school?
Dr.
Congratulations! And I, too, am a believer in novenas :)
This may just be my funny self at work, but sometimes I find that it's a lot harder to convey the things we understand best because there's so much we want to say and so many different ways we can think about it in our minds. By corollary, the subjects we like least, but still study, we know only the basics of and are able to pass this off as a good understanding. And on exams, conciseness always wins.
That's my theory at least, who knows.
Anyways, congrats :)
Thanks for the congrats everyone!!!
Post a Comment