Breaking radio silence
Hello Blogosphere!!! I'm back!!!
I've been silent for about six months now. There are two main reasons for this. First, I got swamped with the last semester. I worked as a teaching assistant for the last time (I hope!) and went crazy wrapping up the research job (part of which involved indexing by hand. NOT FUN. I understand that there is a professional society for indexers. To those of you who do this for a living, you have my unending sympathy). For a whole year, it seems, I neglected my dissertation and it is only recently that I have been able to come back to it and start diving into research. I can hardly believe that I am now dissertating full-time and going into my fifth year. It really feels like time has just blown past me, especially this past year.
Second, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with this blog. As a lowly grad student, part of me worries a bit that a future employer is going to work out who I am and use this blog against me. Then again, I also realized that blogging is a good release for me; keeping a private diary just won't do. It's the interaction and the community and the knowledge that I am not alone in this journey that draws me back to blogging.
So I'm back and I'm hoping to post more regularly than once every six months! See you around the blogosphere!

No comments:
Post a Comment