Saturday, January 19, 2008

Closing up shop

When I started this blog in 2005, I was beginning the task of studying for my comprehensive exams. As Bewildered Academic, I could safely vent my frustrations to the internet and work through the tangled web of emotions and ideas in my mind. I also met a lot of amazing bloggers and found a community that reminded me I was not alone in my struggles.

Over the past year, though, the blogging has slackened off, partly because I couldn't find much to write that was interesting, and partly because I found myself without the time to do much writing. Now, as I sit at home for the last night before departing for five months of fieldwork, I find myself feeling as if I have outgrown the blog I built. I am no longer the same person I was when I began this blog, and it feels like now is a good time to stop and try something else. As such, I have decided to close out all the old entries and make a clean break of it.

I want to thank all of the people who have read or commented on my entries. I know I haven't always been good about responding to comments, but they have brought me comfort knowing that my words don't just disappear into the ether of cyberspace. I may blog elsewhere, but for now, I think I need to take a break. Thanks for being such supportive readers!

Sincerely,
Bewildered Academic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really sad to know that, you're not going to blog here anymore. Though I'm not regular visitor of this site, I'm always try to come here as much as I can. I Hope to see you at least else where in this blogosphere...
Breakdown Recovery

Breena Ronan said...

I'm sad you won't be blogging. Good luck on your field work!