Catching up
Some respite is in sight. While my exam is over, I still have a crapload of work to catch up on this week, but come this weekend I should finally have an uninterrupted stretch of time to kick back and start reading up on political forgiveness again and getting back to thinking about the diss. Before that, however, I have to take care of some unfinished business:
1.) Grading
2.) More grading
3.) Even more grading
4.) Proposal for lit. review essay for class.
I looked over my exam again tonight to fix grammatical errors so I can turn in the final copy tomorrow. It's actually not as bad as I thought although in retrospect it was almost a lost cause to try and memorize all the citation dates. My ability to rattle them off during practice completely failed me during the exam and so I had to fix those as well. Not a big deal but it hurt my pride a little bit :-)
This weekend I treated myself to the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy. I said in an earlier post that I'd pick up Far Cry: Instincts instead but I had been wanting to pick up GTA before Far Cry came out. The decline of Western Civilization on a disc :-) GTA is such a homage to everything that is wrong with American society and its creators know it. It's definitely a guilty pleasure, though to be honest, the content is really not more shocking than your average R-rated flim. Put next to a film like, say, "Hannibal", Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is actually rather tame by comparison. Still, I'd never let my little cousins near this stuff, just as I would never let them watch "Hannibal". Rockstar's other game, "Manhunt", is just plain MESSED UP, though. If that were a film, it would be a very messed up film.
I'm rambling again which is usually a sign for me to go to sleep. Good night blogosphere!

No comments:
Post a Comment