Annoyances...
Ugh...so this morning I woke up too early intending to get a whole carpload of work done. I put on my shirt and whoops, the button popped off. No problem, I thought, I'll sew it back on. Got out the needle and thread and of course my sewing skills are all in bad shape, so I fail miserably and somehow manage to misplace the button altogether. I spent about 10 minutes on my hands and knees trying to find it without success. Came to the office and turned on the desk lamp that I had brought from home. *FLASH!* the light bulb blew out. Unfortunately it's one of those special kinds of bulbs so I can't just "borrow" a bulb from the department. So now my windowless office is dark and cheerless like it used to be. I have extra bulbs at home, but ugh, things are so much more annoying when you're tired and cranky.
I have more response papers to grade and I have to teach this afternoon. I feel like I'm spending way too much time on teaching this semester and not enough time on research and it's bugging me. I have my annoying literature review to submit in a mere nine days and I've barely done any reading. To top it all off, I'm STILL suffering from bronchitis and hacking stuff up.
OK, I'm going to try to focus and prepare for this afternoon's lesson. *focus focus focus*

1 comment:
Nice to meet you too, Academic Coach. I love your blog! :-)
Post a Comment