Thursday, March 02, 2006

Floundering, and a cry for divine intervention

13 days until the big prelim exam. I am reaching my wits' end but there's no way to back out now. I need to pass this exam this semester in order to get funding for next year. No exam, no funding, which means a late start to the dissertation and more teaching to support myself, plus the prospect of having to retake this again next semester.

Last semester I prayed the St. Jude Novena and passed my exam. Tonight, I'm going to start another Novena and do my best to trust that somehow this will all work out and I will pass. One of the requirements of the novena is a promise to publish a testimonial. If and when my prayers are answered, you will all know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take my exams in 29 days.... (what's with the countdowns?) :-) I'll be sending good vibes your way.

Bewildered Academic said...

Thanks for the encouragement, partsnpieces! Lots of positive vibes to you as well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I just took my prelims last Friday, so I know how you feel. My novena was to St. Martha, my patron saint :)